Welcome to Greg's Grilling!

This blog is devoted to my passion, my philosophy in life, food. I dedicate my life to reviewing and challenging the food world. Originally I began by reviewing free food provided to us by corporates in the medical world. Free food however was not always so plentiful (recession) so I have branched out to other things, like trying to scull soy sauce or dining in fine resturants, sometimes both. I aim to capture the whole culinary experience-mood, taste, setting, difficulty, presentation and stir fry them together with a packet of watties wok creations to create an alternative food blog. Enjoy.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

1st day of 4th year-A social event provided by the Wellington school of Medicine

This was meant to be a social event but already knew each other so was an excuse to eat some free stuff and drink some free alcohol. The free alcohol was a highlight but my previous weekend which involved drinking a concoction called "green goblin" before the races made me reluctant to make the most of this opportunity.
I enjoyed how the two tables were set out. One table for hot pastry type foods, the other for sweet stuff.
I started with the chicken filo. The chicken was cooked well which we all know is important and the pastry was nice and flakey. Good start med school.
The fried bread and pate was by my honest opinion shit and didn't really belong on the hot food table. That was really the only thing on that table that ratted me out.
The lamingtons were presented well and were worth noting. I did not get to sample them but i'm sure they were good.
When I saw that my buddy Cam was sampling a danish I thought it looked amazing so I thought I'd get in on that action. Man what an experience. The sweetness of the chocolate with the airiness of the pastry complimented each other well. The danish and the chocolate danish were winners on the day as well as the free speights. Was gutted I couldn't get on the wine buzz though.

Larry's rating
Originality- 2.5/4 stars
Apperance- 2/4 stars
Taste- 2.5/4 stars
Overall- 7/12 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment