Welcome to Greg's Grilling!

This blog is devoted to my passion, my philosophy in life, food. I dedicate my life to reviewing and challenging the food world. Originally I began by reviewing free food provided to us by corporates in the medical world. Free food however was not always so plentiful (recession) so I have branched out to other things, like trying to scull soy sauce or dining in fine resturants, sometimes both. I aim to capture the whole culinary experience-mood, taste, setting, difficulty, presentation and stir fry them together with a packet of watties wok creations to create an alternative food blog. Enjoy.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Afternoon Tea at the Marae following the Powhiri

The Kai following the Powhiri should really meet the standards of the initial greeting and welcoming onto the Marae, on this occasion it did not. I was quite hungry as I had a light lunch so was definitely holding out for the free kai.
The selection was crackers with cheese and some relish, a couple of cakes and a solid selection of fruit, kinda what you would get when you do your annual visit to your grandparents for afternoon tea. The pick of the afternoon tea was probably the crackers I really didn't have much to work with here. This was no Porirua Marae (CCW), which had spectacular food.
Apperance-1/4 stars
Originality-1/4 stars
Taste-1/4 stars
Overall- 3/12 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment